Published by : Aon
Aon's annual review of the risk settlement market looks at the latest activity in bulk annuities, longevity swaps and other pension risk transfer options.
It's essential reading for any firm interested in transferring pensions, or just learning more about the current pension risk transfer landscape.
Highlights of the 2018 review include:
• Review of 2017 activity, when over £18bn of risk was transferred to bulk annuity and longevity swap providers
• Findings from Aon's first Risk Settlement Survey, carried out in late 2017
• A review of the bulk annuities market, examining a year of strong market opportunities, and looking at how schemes - even smaller ones - can achieve success
• Long-term strategies - the best approaches to buy-in and buyout, and why preparation is key
• The state of play in the longevity swap market
• Longevity risk issues to consider
• The overseas market for risk settlement
• A look forward to the rest of 2018, when the bulk annuities market is expected to exceed £30bn for the first time ever.
Published:10 April 2018
Business Area: Risk
Type: Portable Document Format (.pdf)
Sign in to download
Register with Financial Library for access to market intelligence, data and reports from leading experts.Sign up here
More from Risk
Published by : FCA (Financial Conduct Authority)
This two part paper summarises the main lessons from behavioural economics for retail financial markets and describes how behavioural economics can, and should, be used in the regulation of financial conduct.
Published by : BNY Mellon
Against a challenging economic and financial-market backdrop, Newton believes it is vital to maintain an objective view on investment opportunities and threats. In seeking to do so, it uses a dynamic framework of global investment themes. Download this industry voice special focus to learn more.
Published by : Legg Mason Global Asset Management
Brandywine offers its opinion about current pricing and risks in the global high yield market.
Published by : Hermes Investment Management
In our second Market Risk Insights of 2016, we again try to add some colour to the current environment. The markets were skittish in the first quarter, as we predicted. Oil alone fell nearly 30%, rallied some 27%, dropped over 22%, recovered almost 60%, before falling a final 8%; an exhausting time
Published by : Natixis Global Asset Management
Does the intended risk and exposure in portfolios match up to the actual risk and exposure taken? All too often the answer is no. James Beaumont, head of portfolio research and consulting group, Natixis Global Asset Management explains how data and research is being used to align portfolio risk more